About the Council Directed Health Assessments List
HPCA is seeking applications from registered health professionals to become a health assessor on the Council Directed Health Assessment List (the List).
The List includes suppliers that may be engaged to assess the health of registered health practitioners under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (NSW).
The List has been established to support the timely and flexible provision of health assessments across NSW. You can apply, via a single application process to work with all 15 health professional councils in NSW.
The List includes the following requirements for independent medico-legal assessments:
(Forensic psychiatry, general psychiatry, drug and alcohol psychiatry)
- Clinical neuropsychologist
- Drug and Alcohol physicians specialising in drug and alcohol dependence assessment and treatment
- Other health practitioner (other health practitioners include rehabilitation physicians, sleep medicine physicians, pain management specialists, immunologists, ophthalmologists, cardiologists, mental health clinicians (in addition to psychiatrists) and geriatricians.)
Health assessor services
Health assessors will be required to provide services as specified in Schedule C of the Terms and Conditions .
How to apply
1. Read the Terms and Conditions that outline the requirements for becoming a health assessor, as well as HPCA’s ongoing requirements for health assessors.
2. Note the selection criteria
3. Complete the application form. You will need to provide your AHPRA registration number/s, professional membership/s details and two completed referee reports. If you have any queries, please contact Melinda Weir, Senior Project Officer, Quality - HPCA,
Applications for round 1 have now closed, however you can apply for round 2 until 19 October 2020.